Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Too much gaming

By Travis (Age 9.5, Diocesan Boys' School)

My hero and I packed everything we needed and set off for our trip. We brought a few bottles of magic potions, some food, and some weapons. Before we left, we bought two horses for transporation.

We set off on our trip to find the treasure. My hero had a map to find the treasure, but we had to pass a few tasks in order to find the treasure. First, we had to go through the Forest of Fear, the School of Zombies, and the Alley of Doom. We rode the whole day until we were in front of the Forest of Fear. There was a sign that said, "Those who enter the forest of fear will suffer!" We kept walking until I stepped onto some sticky and slimy mud. The next thing I knew, I was sinking. I had thought it was just normal mud, and that I could go out of this slimy mud anytime, so I called my hero to join me.

Suddenly, he shouted, "Oh! You are in quicksand." By now, the mud was at the level of my bellybutton. He threw a rope to me and called me to hold on tight on the rope. Finally, he pulled me out of the quicksand. The rest was no problem. We killed a few beasts and then went out of the Forest of Doom.

Next, it was the School of Zombies. It was actually an abandoned school, and we didn't know what dangers would be coming. We tiptoed into the school quietly. Suddenly, the door slammed shut and we were trapped inside the abandoned school. We only had one choice left: find the exit on the other side of the school.

At that particular moment, two zombies appeared. One was holding a cooking pan while another one was wearing a helmet and holding a spear. They were both zombie students. My hero slayed both of them, but more were coming. I got my spear out and killed some. One zombie teacher used his sword and tried to slice off my head, but I ducked just in time. There were too many of them and we couldn't defend ourselves.

Suddenly, I remembered that there were grenades in my backpack. I quickly threw all of the grenades toward the zombies. There was a loud explosion. Soon, the zombies were all dead. We walked until we saw the other exit. After awhile, we were out of the zombie school.

The third and final task was the hardest of all. We had heard that anyone who goes in never comes out. We went inside the Alley of Doom, frightened. Bloodsucking vampires suddenly jumped in front of us. We killed the first few ones, but more were coming.

"I can't hold them for long, you will have to run!" shouted my hero. At that particular moment, I had a wonderful idea. I got out the magic potions and drank them all in one gulp. I acquired super strength. I killed all the vampires with my bare hands, and soon, they were defeated.

We passed the alley without fear as we knew we would soon discover the treasure. There was still one small rainforest to pass, and after that, the treasure would be there. But unluckily, at that time, we saw our opponent: the big, fat, clumsy green troll - the worst gangster in the video game. He had four eyes, three noses, and two mouths. He charged toward us, but I punched him on the forehead just in time (as my superpowers were still there).

Then, my hero killed him with one blade of his sword. We rode on our horses and rode to where the treasure was. It was in a little village. It looked like my hero's village. The people looked the same. Huh! Actually, it was really my hero's village. And... the map said that the treasure was buried underground next to the village. I was furious. We ran the whole way killing monsters to find the treasure, and it was just next to my hero's village! It was a waste of time.

We dug the whole day long and found the treasure. It was a treasure chest. Inside it, we found a lot of gold and a golden sword.

Just as I touched the golden sword, I felt a gust of wind. It pulled me toward the sky and I was back to the real world. I promised myself that I would never ever play video games again.

No comments: