Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Frightful Dreams

Katch C, 14

Frightful Dreams

I wake, shivering. The dreams are getting worse, and though I am exhausted and want to rest, I resist going back to sleep, knowing that another dream awaits me. It’s been happening for weeks. Not once have I slept in peace yet a small part of me feels like my dreams are telling me something.

I turn on my bedside lamp and check the time. 6 o’clock. I could still sleep for an hour before I would have to get up for school. I lie down for a few more minutes then get up and walk to the bathroom. I’m brushing my teeth when it happens. I’m no longer in my bathroom, but at a cliff, looking straight at a glaring golden sun. In front of me is a girl, staring at me, standing right at the edge of the cliff. I’m unable to make out her face, because of the bright sun in my eyes. She takes a step back and falls. I try to do something but my feet won’t move. I start to scream and I know that there is nothing I can do. When I open them again, I am back in my bathroom, as if nothing had happened…

No comments: