Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Letter to My Future Self

By Chloe (Age 10.5, Singapore International School)

Dear future fifty-year old happy but old Chloe, I have a letter for you. I think I will be a vet in forty years and that's for you to know and for me to find out! I think my family will be closer than before and they will still be happy! We will live in a huge house with a huge television and a bedroom each, with our own TV set and radio! Fifty-year old Chloe, you could really lose your memories when you get older, so I have some thing to remind you:

Beware of pickpockets!
Keep your things safe!
Always go out with an interesting book!
Don't even think of wearing tights!
Beware of mosquitoes!

I think now because I'm younger than you, I can do more things than you can. Do you think you can hop or jump? Well, sure I can! Can you stretch your legs and do a full split? I can! Can you draw well? I bet you can because we will never lose that talent! Will you still be able to play the piano well? Maybe, but I can! Can you do math in three minutes? We all can! Hey, do you think your memories will run out soon? Don't worry, I've got just the cure! Here are some of the memories that are the most important to remember in life:

What we did as a family together.
All the mistakes that you made and should never make again.
How your little sister tortures you... never mind that one.
All the good things that your parents did for you.
All the things that made you happy.

You should try to remember all these things in life. And also, have a great time! Soon I'll be you! You can even use your time machine (if it is invented as I predict) to come and visit me anytime. Have fun in Australia (where I hope you are) and have a great time! Bye!

Regards,
Chloe

No comments: