Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Shark Attack!

By Ryan (Age 10, St. Paul's Co-Educational College)

A dorsal fin was approaching me. The dorsal fin was grey with spots. A tail was moving from side to side. I noticed it was a shark that had a scar on its head. Its look made me feel petrified and its skin was as thick as a book. Looking down into the water, I saw its eyes were all black and furious-looking, and it paralyzed me.

My heart was pounding faster and faster. Sweat drops were dropping down from my head. Questions suddenly appeared: Can I escape from this? They made me feel dizzy and that was disastrous.

First, I screamed as loud as I could. I hollered, "Go away, you shark!" I was not absolutely sure if it worked or not, but I had to give it a try and I hoped it could succeed.

The shark swung its tail from side to side, sniffing around itself and all of a sudden, his eyes got bigger and bigger. They were wide open. It was like it was extraordinarily angry. It turned around slowly and swam away, flipping its tails from side to side, faster and faster. It seemed it wanted to find someone else instead of me.

I was frozen in the water, not moving a bit. A sigh of relief came and I bellowed, "What an awful day! I hope I can get this experience out of my mind!" I promised I will never go into the water again.

No comments: