Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Store!

By Julianne (Age 8.5, Bradbury School)

My store is located in Roseville, a tiny village. My store has been here for three generations.

My store is about one classroom big. Half of the store is a kitchen. A small part is the cashier, and I have four small tables. The decorations depend on the season. If it's Christmas, I decorate with snow flakes, but when it's normal time, I have bright lights.

Photo via Wikimedia Commons
My store sells bubblegum, brownies, and ice-cream. My bubblegum is chewy and tasty, the brownies chocolatey, the ice-cream comes in all flavours. Some brownies have nuts in them.

Old people and kids come to my store. I feel cheerful when they come in because they comment on my food saying what I can add and how I can improve. Because all my food is really tasty, of good quality, and is cheap, people like to come.

One day, a famous company opens a megastore selling the same things next to my small shop. The store is filled with good-smelling popcorn, hot dogs and all kinds of food. It has movies, phones, and digital cameras. All their movies are expensive but of very good quality. They have massage places. I go and see happy, relaxed customers.

I decide to make the prices a little cheaper and find out ways to make my food sweeter. I make banners and people start coming back with new customers too. I start putting some new food in the menu. I also add more chairs because so many come back.

In the end, the big store gives me a better job at their place. Old and new customers come. My plan is very successful and I give my son the stand.

No comments: