Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Where Were You When... Dinosaurs Were Brought Back to Life?

By Sophie (Age 9, German Swiss International School)

During the afternoon of October 2, 3490, a dinosaur was created on one of the islands in the Bahamas. It is known that Dr. Dracon and his assistant (no name) used the help of the wizard, Merlin XIII, to create his destructive figure. Fortunately, no deaths occurred. The dinosaur was captured by police forces and put into a zoo with large brick walls to prevent it from escaping. Dr. Dracon and his assistant were surprisingly not found guilty, although it is believed that Merlin XIII was abandoned without any food and might not have made it.

Person: Meryl Crook
Occupation: Managing Director of JP Morgan
Doing What: On holiday in the Bahamas

"I was on vacation in the Bahamas when this event occurred. I was on a beach, relaxing in the sand, listening to music on my iPod. I remember listening to "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele, wondering if any song could be better. I had my Ray-Ban sunglasses on my face, staring into the sky. The sun's bright rays blinded my eyes, so I lurched my head forward again. I got up and sighed when I realized my body was bright red and in pain, so I stood up and began to walk back to the hotel a few meters away. Cramping, I pushed myself on, until I heard a loud noise. It was a noise so loud I could hear it over the music on high volume! It sounded like a roar, but not a lion's or a tiger's. It was a massive roar that shook the palm trees so hard that coconuts were dropping onto the hot sand. I began to run to my hotel, screaming in pain and fright. Suddenly, before me stood a large green animal that roared so hard my eardrums popped. The T-Rex was right there! I could tell he was desperately hungry, but I was not a meal! I rushed through the middle of his legs straight to the hotel. I ran up the stairs to my hotel room and hid under the covers until it was all over, which seemed like a very long time. I did not set a foot outside for the rest of my vacation."

Person: Dr. Dracon's assistant
Work: Scientist
Doing What: Bringing a dinosaur back to life


Photo via Wikimedia Commons
"I was in Dr. Dracon's lab during this event. I was his assistant, and we were working on our latest project: to bring a dinosaur back to life. We had found some dinosaur DNA on one of the T-Rex bones we had found underground. A sample of the DNA was put in one of our test tubes and brought back to our lab in the Bahamas. Soon we were working on all sorts of experiments: just the two of us with no interference. After two years of work, we finally found a way to bring a dinosaur back to life. Dr. Dracon and I were not just scientists, but we were also kidnappers. We were walking around the same jungle where we found the T-Rex bone, when he came across a little tree house. Both of us carefully climbed up the tree until he reached the top of it, where the tree house stood. We carefully climbed in and saw a man. He was a very old man with a white beard and he was wearing a blue robe with silver moons and stars on it, matching his tall and pointy hat. He was a wizard for sure. We quietly watched him practice magic, while we hid behind one of his tables. We captured him and brought the wizard back to our lab. We promised him no food and not to let him go until he helped us complete our project. With his hands and legs tied up and a piece of tape over his mouth, he nodded in agreement. The wizard soon granted our wish and promised under magical circumstances that he would not undo our wish. As soon as the dinosaur was completed, it went stomping out of our lab, but we did not mind. We were the first to create a dinosaur! We decided to flee to America where we are now, leaving the wizard back in the Bahamas...

No comments: