Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Around The World



Around the World by Julianne C., 9, Bradbury School

1)     If you were going on a daring adventure around the world, what would you do? Would you row across the ocean? Would you hike Mt. Everest? Why?

If I were going on a daring adventure around the world, I would dive in the deepest sea. I would like to dive in the deepest ocean because I could find new species still unknown to science and I would also like to see different kinds of fish.

2)     Imagine you are about to embark on this adventure. What do you do to prepare for it? What items do you need to bring? List at least five with reasons why you might need them.

I would like to bring a portable shower, clothes, food, water and swimming gear. I would need a portable shower in case I caught a sickness. I would need clothes in case it gets too dirty or if the temperature changes. I would need food and water so I don’t starve to death. I would need swimming gear so I can swim in the deepest ocean.

3)     As you leave civilization and enter the wild and the unknown by yourself, how do you feel? How do you think you will feel a month from now, when you are still on your own?

I would feel very excited because I would finally achieve my dream. However, I think a month from then I would feel lonely and sad because no one would accompany me and I would have no one to talk to. The only thing that is accompanying me is my shadow.


4)     The fifth day of your adventure, something unexpected happens that causes you to rethink your plans! What happens? Is it a disaster or a blessing? Describe the event in thorough detail.

Suddenly on my fifth day a storm comes and I can’t swim in the ocean. All the ocean ahs rubbish in it and it turned very gray like we use it to wash paint brushes into. It was not a very pretty sight.

5)     What are the results or consequences of the event? Describe these in great detail.

The consequences are not only for me but the animals and plants in the sea. It would not be healthy for me to go in dirty water for ages. The fish might think the rubbish is food and eat it and they will choke to death. The plants would die because they need clean water to survive.

6)     The next night, you have a very vivid dream about your adventure. What happens in the dream? How does this affect what you do the next day?

In my dream I decided not to protest because people cannot control the weather. I decided to spread the word to stop throwing rubbish into the ocean and I also gathered groups of people to clean the ocean. On the next day I did exactly what happened in my dream. I believe if lots of people put their hands together we can do anything.

7)     After dozens of weeks, you finally return home. How do you feel to be back? What does your family do when they see you? Do you wish you were still on your adventure?

I feel very relieved to see my family again because I missed them dearly. I feel happy because I have someone to talk to again. I wished I was still on my adventure because I was used to the beautiful sights.

No comments: