Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Hotel Room for Royalty



Jovianne Y., 8, GSIS

1)     Now it’s your turn to be an architect! If you were building the world’s most expensive hotel suite, where would you build it? What amenities and features would come with it? Come up with at least eight different things. You have no budget, so be as extravagant as you want!

I will build it in the United States and its name will be the Silver Mist Hotel. The features will include 15 rooms and two flights of steps, a hot tub, and a gym. It also has a secret passage in the closet that leads to an elevator. Pressing the button takes you down to the canteen, and best of all you don’t have to pay for the canteen but you will be asked to give one dollar. There is also a silver mist room!

2)     Because of its extravagance, your suite makes front-page news. How much does it cost per night? What do you tell reporters is the most impressive room in your suite? Why is it the most impressive? Remember to be as detailed as possible—you want people to read about your suite and book a reservation!

It costs 400,000 HKD per night. The most impressive room is the 4D movie room because you have a remote and you can choose any channel and it’ll appear in 4D! It also has a nice gift fit for children and parents at the end of the movie.

3)     Finally, construction has finished on your suite. Your first guest is a billionaire. What does this person do for a living? How does he or she react when you give him or her a tour of the suite?

She works at the bank. She thinks it’s a glorious place because of the secret passage and the canteen.

4)     The next morning, you read in the newspaper that the guest has told reporters the suite is horrendous. “The only thing I like is the gold chandelier in the bedroom,” he or she says. How does this make you feel? What extra things do you try to do in order to make him or her more pleased with the suite?

It makes me feel sad and upset. I made more gold and silver chandeliers. I also made a wishing room and a really valuable gold flower.

5)     After the guest has left, you go check on the suite and discover that the most expensive item in the suite is missing! What is it? How does this make you feel? What is the first thing you do in order to retrieve it?

The gold flower is the most expensive item. It makes me feel mad. I call the police department.

6)     After several days, the police tell you that the guest fled the country on a private jet and is currently hiding in Bali. They send you on a plane to go find the missing object. When you first get to Bali, what are the first things you notice? How is it different from Hong Kong? What do you do in order to find the celebrity?

I notice a card. It says “Mrs. Rosa.” There is a sheet of paper that says “Go to Golden Touch, 1 Cherry Street, Bali." Bali is different because the land is mostly beaches. I follow the card to Golden Touch and find her.

7)     You have gotten some hints as to where the celebrity might be. What are they? Do you find the celebrity? Is your missing object still with him or her or do you go back to Hong Kong empty-handed? Finish the story!

I do find her. The missing object is gone but I capture and force her to tell me where it is. She finally says that it’s in her pocket. So I snatch that beautiful golden flower and I say that I will capture her back. So she flees. I wanted to show the police she was the thief so I had no other choice but to chase after her. I ran and ran and tried to find her. Suddenly the sound of feet rang through my ears. So the chase was on! We ran in circles, straight and sideways. Soon I found her hiding behind a large white marble pillar. I ran toward the pillar and snuck up on her and captured her at last! I flew her private jet with her next to me. I flew it to Hong Kong and took her to jail!

No comments: