Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Typhoon

Daphne C., 8, St. Paul’s Co-Ed

Help! A typhoon is coming, and as a little bird I feel scared. I live alone on the tree beside the library. I have many friends such as my friend eagle, parrot, pigeon and squirrel.
        One day, I was gobbling up a delicious lunch of hamburgers when a gush of wind blew towards my tree. I felt scared and my jaw dropped. I saw my lunch fly into the sky. I felt so sad and hungry. Then the pouring rain and the lightning made me jump. I tried to fly away and looked for someplace dry. As I flew, I could see branches falling onto the ground. My friends were scurrying across the street, trying to sneak into KYP because it was nice and dry inside. I followed them inside and I learned English in KYP and soon the typhoon was over and I felt very relieved. I said by by to all the teachers and I flew back to my tree feeling jubilant.

No comments: