Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Tiger Parenting

By Hannah (Age 12, Canadian International School)

Hi, I'm Rebecca Johnson, Becky for short. I am a 13-year old girl and still have mean, cruel, evil, bad, annoying - and don't forget old - parents. Anyway, I slipped and fell down some stairs, and I must have gone through some kind of magic portal. After I got out of it I woke up in my parents' room and I was an adult. When I went to look around the house I saw my parents in child-form and they were on the computer, playing. My dad said to me, "Hi mom, where is BREAKFAST?!"

"Yeah, give me the breakfast!" repeated mom. I was shocked, confused, and scared. Then I had an evil thought in my head... "Hey mom, cook me some breakfast!" demanded mom. Now it was time to give them a piece of my mind!

"Do it yourself, you little lazy butt!" I replied and they went off and listened. If I was in their shoes I would have shouted, but I didn't have to. Ha ha ha! I treated them like my parents treated me!

"You get me a snack and you be my footrest!" I commanded. My parents quickly followed my orders and got to work with no comment. Awesome! I drove them crazy. I made them to work, I made them clean up, and I didn't let them eat or sleep.

"Hey mom, don't you have to go to work?" asked little mom.

"Oh right! Bye! Oh and when I come back I want you to have done your work and gone to asleep!"

At work the boss made me do a whole bunch of things I didn't want to do. He made me work to the bone! I thought I was about to explode and I hated him.

When I got home from work, the whole house was spotless and my parents were asleep in bed. I felt sorry for them because now I knew why they were mean to me. Their work was really stressful!

The next day my parents woke up and they were adults and I ran up to them and hugged them tightly. Then they said they had a weird dream and they explained the whole of yesterday to me. I told them to work for someone else and they did. Now, when they come home, they have a smile on their face and a skip in their step. I was also treated differently and I liked it. Now they don't punish me anymore when I do something bad!

No comments: