Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Three...Two...One...Blastoff!

        By Natasha L., 9, CIS

For today’s story you are not going to be a person. Instead you will be writing from the perspective of an inanimate object. What will you be?

        I will be a camera.

        Describe yourself. What kind of object are you? What do you look like? How do you taste, feel, and smell? Do you make any noise? Why would someone want to buy or own you?

        I am an object that uses batteries. I look like a rectangular prism with a circle in the front and on the back. I have a screen and buttons. I can take some pictures, I feel very nice, and I smell like metal. I make a noise like chik chak. Because I am useful, I help people take pictures and then keep it for them.

        One day, an astronaut brings you to his home. Where does he put you? What is the home like? What is the astronaut like? Be as descriptive as possible! Don’t just use adjectives like “weird” and “interesting!”

        He puts me on his bedside table. His home looks wonderful. The astronaut is really nice. He treats me very well and carefully. I like him very much.

        You fall asleep one night and when you wake up you are somewhere new. You look out the window and realize you are inside a spaceship. You hear someone counting down from ten. How do you feel just before liftoff? What is it like to soar up toward space from Earth? What will you miss most about Earth? Describe how you feel.

        I feel excited because I know that I am going on an adventure. My ears hurt a lot so I don’t like it that much. What I will miss about earth is that my owner’s home was nice and peaceful. And I feel very bad.

        It is very cool, dark and mysterious. The zero gravity is also very awesome because you float around. When he isn’t busy he takes pictures.

        One day, while your owner steps outside of the space craft to make repairs to the windshield, you accidentally get sucked through the door and go hurtling into the depths of space. Your owner tries to reach you but he cannot. Describe the experience in detail.

        I feel lost, cold and hurt. Now I don’t even know where the spaceship is. Then I take a lot of nice pictures and I feel a little bit better.

        For years you soar through space all by yourself until you finally land on a distant planet. Immediately, creatures surround you and inspect you. What do they look like? How do they act? What does their language sound like? Do they seem like they are going to protect you or harm you?
       
        They look hideous so I take a picture of them and the planet. Their language is really weird. It is like this: chikoree un la quil eqipuf.

        What happens to you next? What do the aliens use you for? Describe this in detail.

        At first they treat me well. They also take pictures but they just take nonsense pictures like of their toes. I hate very much to know that I have a toe picture inside me.

        One day you decide you don’t like it on this planet anymore. Why not? Do you miss home? You decide you are going to try to go back to Earth. How do you plan to do this?

        I leave because I’ve had enough of them taking nonsense pictures and I miss home very much. I plan to just jump up in the air and float up in the air.

        Describe your journey back to Earth. How do the aliens react when you leave? How do you feel leaving them behind?

        They don’t even notice me leaving. I feel very happy leaving them because I know I will not have any more disgusting pictures inside me. Then I delete all the ugly pictures except the ones of the aliens and their planet.

        Do you ever reach Earth? Do you land on a different planet? Do you fly through space endlessly? Describe what happens. Make your ending as creative as possible!

        Yes I do and I am very happy. I don’t land on a different planet and I don’t fly through space endlessly. I go back to the astronaut’s hosue and see him there. Then I go inside. When he sees me he picks me up and looks and my pictures and then says, “Wow.” 

No comments: