Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Genie in a Lamp

By Jennifer (Age 9.5, Hong Kong International School)

As I opened my eyes, I noticed the sky was pink. I stood up and hit my head on the wall. Suddenly, I smelled something very familiar. I touched the smooth curved sides just to make sure I was in it. I could taste the weird odor one could smell when one opened the Bible. And I was sure I was in a ball.

I waited for three days and I almost suffocated when somebody bounced the ball and accidentally made a hole! So I peeked outside and shielding my eyes as the gleaming sun shone into my eyes. Suddenly I saw a creature with spots on it, wagging its tail back and forth while barking. "HELP ME!" I screamed, and luckily, the girl who bounced the ball noticed me and picked up the ball.

She said her name was Lilly and Lilly asked me who I was. "I'm a genie," I replied.

"Can I ask you for three wishes?" Lilly asked.

"Sure," I replied excitedly and listened to her three wishes: 1, To be the richest. 2, To be the prettiest, and 3, To have a perfect life. "Hmm... I guess I can do that," I said as I tapped my chin. "Close your eyes and think about your three wishes and check if they come true. So she did it.

After I granted the wishes, she was furious! You might be wondering why she hated her wishes. It was because everything was the same. "You are already as rich as you can get, you're already as pretty as you can get, and you already have a perfect life." Then, I think she turned wacko and then evil, because she was so angry. She told her dog to eat the ball!

However, I knew I could leave and be free, or I could die. So I came out, and ran as fast as I could out the window and onto the porch. It was a good thing. I kind of floated on the porch even though the genie magic was fading away, so no detectives could know who ruined their house.

No comments: