Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Size Me Up

By Andre (Age 9, Diocesan Boys' School)

Editor's note: This is a story based on Gulliver's Travels.

I am going to Lilliput because the people in Lillput are very tiny. The people in Brobdingnag are very big and I am afraid that the giants will kill me.

The people in Lilliput are as small as cockroaches. They are very kind. They give me some tiny fish for me to eat. It is delicious. After that, the mayor there brings me to his home. His house is a doll house! I couldn't fit into the doll house, so I just sleep beside the house. At night, I go to the street. I can fit into the whole street! I hear some owls screeching. It smells like chips at night. Wow! It's a surprise for me!

It is quite boring living in Lilliput. Everyday I do the same things. I catch some seafood or tiny animals in the forest for myself and the villagers to eat. Second, I go beside the ocean and wash my clothes. Then, I do some exercises. Finally, I find a place that no one lives in to sleep.

There are two benefits of my size in Lilliput. First, other people can't hurt me. Only I can hurt other people. The second thing is that I can rule the whole country if I want to because the villagers in Lilliput don't have any high-tech weapons. So, I can win the battle! But I won't hurt or rule them.

I have lived in Lilliput for a few weeks. The mayor starts to think that I want to kill all the people in Lilliput and rule this place. He announces at the city hall in Lilliput that I will kill all the people! No way! I try to tell the villagers that I won't do that but they don't trust me. They use tomatoes to throw at me. How rude! So, I run away from Lilliput and the villagers cheer.

When I was still in Lilliput, I met a friend. His name was Clever. He was also very clever. He was very nice too. When he knew that I was going away from Lilliput, he was extremely sad. He ran to me and said he wanted to have a picnic with me at the Lilliput Peak. We walked from the back of the peak to the top, so the villagers couldn't see us. It took us only a few minutes to climb up, because I put him on my shoulders and I carried him up the peak.

When we went to the peak, he showed me a few trees. Those trees were the trees I saw beside my home! They were the same size as the trees we saw today. The trees grew hamburgers and sandwiches! I was shocked! I asked him how he planted these trees. He said in his village, there was a bucket of water. If you put a sandwich or hamburger inside the soil, then poured the water into the soil, the sandwich or hamburger would become a tree that grew them! He also said that this water could only be used to grow sandwiches and hamburgers.

I asked Clever if there were any more of this water in the village. He said there was no more because people always wanted to steal it and one time, when the people were grabbing it, they accidentally spilled it! All the people in the village were furious and they used some mops to kick them out of the village. Then Clever said that no one tried to get the sandwiches and hamburgers. Some people tried to climb up the trees to get the food but they fell down and cried. I immediately climbed up the tree and got a few of them for Clever. He thanked me and we started to eat. The food was more delicious than the food I bought in McDonald's. We enjoyed the food. After we finished, I told Clever about my adventure in Brobdingnag. It was almost midnight. I said bye to Clever and I went back to my boat and I started another adventure...

No comments: